Monday, March 9, 2009

Petticoat Girl

Nowadays I think twice before buying and adding things to my wardrobe. I ask myself, "Are you going to wear it at least ten times in the first few months?" If the answer is no, then I pass. A petticoat would be a fun purchase. It's actually something that's been on my mind for the past few weeks. That may be a sign to go ahead and buy one. I think I'd get good use out of one. Ever since seeing the full and poofy crinoline skirts in black, white, and pink at the Betsey Johnson store, I've wanted to get one of my own. A girl at Betsey came out of the dressing room wearing a strapless creation, with a petticoat peeking out, and it was just about the cutest thing ever. That would be a wonderful look for prom. I'm not sure I'd be willing to fork over $190 for theirs though, unless I wore it to death. There's one I found at Patricia Field that I like because of its neon layers. But it's not tulle, which means, I still may hold out until I find the perfect one. I'll show you a few petticoats I've found, most reasonably priced. While a petticoat looks great under a party dress, it can also be styled to create a classic and refined look. 


1. betseyjohnson.com $190

2. patriciafield.com $84

3. patriciafield.com $24


4. sockdreams.com $35.00 

5. 3wishes.com $23

6. edressme.com  sonia rykiel $255 

Giambattista Valli- a timeless and graceful look is created when Valli uses petticoats in his spring 09' runway show.  







Betsey Johnson- the multiple layers and fullness of Betsey's dress makes a fun and ultra-feminine statement. 

(runway pics courtesy of style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment