Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dressed in White

It's not a hobby of mine to look at wedding gowns. But springtime makes me think of weddings and when I scroll through dresses on J. Crew's website my eyes stop to appreciate the understated elegance of their bridal wear. I realized this J. Crew gown is a great match for a Betsey Johnson wedding dress in the spring 09' runway show that I find absolutely beautiful. I'd say it's very Gwen Stefani. The J. Crew dress is delicate and sweet with its double-layers of french tulle. Who wouldn't want to say "I do" in a dress like this? It reminds me a lot of the Betsey dress I lust for with its corset and ruffled layers (almost looks like fringe, perhaps it is). It's sexy, but modern. It's funky whereas the J. Crew one is more innocent. Regardless, both dresses would make a lovely impression. I think there's something so simplistic yet memorable about a dress like this. 

J. Crew


Betsey Johnson (courtesy of style.com) 





4 comments:

  1. I dream about the Jcrew wedding catalog too. I love the candy colored bridesmaid dresses they have going on right now. This wedding dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me want to get married several times just for the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those dresses are super similar. I believe the J.Crew version has been out since 2007. It's still available on the website for brides due to its popularity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh-Love J. Crew, love J. CrewAholics, love this dress. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete