Monday, March 9, 2009

Orange is the the New Pink

Orange is a color many people tend to shy away from both in fashion and in decorating. This spring, most of the great fashion houses showed orange in their collections, including Lanvin, Chloe, Louis Vuitton, Christopher Kane, and Dries Van Noten. If you are like me, you will will always adore pink, but I must admit I am finding that orange has an edginess and freshness that is very appealing. I decided to take a look at orange in interior design and found some great ideas to share with you. Orange in the home encourages happiness, sociability, and energy. Designers are also quick to point out that it is a very flattering color, especially the coral tones. I have always wanted to paint a room in Farrow & Ball Orangerie, a very tasteful orange inspired by the great orangeries of the Georgian period. 






  1. I love the orange glazed walls, velvet daybed, and leopard rug:

   2. These orange boxes are so Hermes:



   3. One of my favorite photos from Domino- the pink and orange Prada-inspired curtains:


   4. Benjamin Moore Jeweled Peach-wonderful next to the pink walls:


   5. Manuel Canovas Bengale in Paprika-a modern toile in electric orange and pink:


   6. The vintage phone is too cute:


   7. Benjamin Moore Calypso Orange in a boy's bedroom:


   8. The brilliant Geoffrey Bradfield-I love orange with black and white:


   9. A very elegant use of orange:

(photos courtesy of style.com, dominomag.com, and housebeautiful.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment