Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day. These spring 09' runway looks inspired me for today, but have also given me ideas for the new season. I've realized that green can be unexpectedly dressy. So many designers are going green this year. This color can be incredibly luxe, especially when silks, ruffles, and intricate detailing come into play. I love how the colors just pop on the models at these shows. For example, the Andrew Gn coat I picture is quite the stunner. And black and green is a truly great color combination, as evident by the Thakoon dress I've shown you. I don't typically have green in mind when dressing everyday. But the genius behind some of my favorite designers in creating such beautiful things has taught me that it's a color to watch out for. An important lesson I've learned in fashion is to step outside your comfort zone every now and then. Wear a color you wouldn't normally do. Or choose a pattern that's a little exotic for your taste. Tweaking your choices occasionally can be a very refreshing feeling. 


Chloe
Chloe
Chloe
Thakoon
Thakoon
Andrew Gn
Tracy Reese
Tracy Reese
Emanuel Ungaro
Jason Wu 
Jason Wu
(photos courtesy of style.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment