Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ruffled Coneheads-Baum and Pferdgarten

Yes, I adore hats-the first two photos are my hat collection in my dressing room. I am really drawn to this spring/summer runway clothing collection of Danish duo Baum and Pferdgarten. I love the quirky combination of classic and avant-garde. The designers say they were seized by the spirit of the Neo-Hippie-the cool and sexy woman who is a citizen of the global village. I think the hats are amazing-I am crazy about the ruffles on shoes and handbags and clothes that are all over the runways and stores now, and these ruffled hats are wonderful! I would wear one and so would Carrie Bradshaw. I would love the pink hat to wear with an elegant black sheath-a modern Audrey Hepburn look.











6 comments:

  1. Your hat collection is impressive!
    I consider myself a hat novice. From the runways, which hat would you pair with your outfits? They are very edgy but lux at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks-I love hats and look for chances to wear them without people thinking I am insane! Most of mine are vintage from vintage stores and eBay or brought back from England. I usually pair one of my hats with a simple sheath, often black. A great hat does not need anything competing with it for attention. I see you are from Vienna-so nice to find another D.C.blogger-I checked out your blog and you are so right-D.C. is the "it" place for style and blogs like ours are a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many hats - so little time..
    :)
    J&J
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get OVER your hat collection! Actually, I can't get over your dressing room! Thank you so much for stopping over at MLHP, and for the great Style Icons post on We Love Domino - have thoroughly enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *moggit girls-Thanks for stopping by. Maybe I should start wearing a hat to breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MLHP-Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete