Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Artesian Bar

Everyone seems to be showing purple rooms these days. I found photos of a stunning bar with an unexpected use of purple that I think is wonderful. This bar, called the Artesian Bar at the Langham Hotel in London was done by the brilliant interior designer David Collins. He also did the iconic Blue Bar at the Berkeley in London. I have a thing for chinoiserie and especially pagodas and I of course love the pagoda bar and chandeliers. What is a bit unexpected is his use of purple leather chairs and love seats with the Chinese Chippendale. Although you cannot see it in these photos, the bar is marble in lilac! I also like the purple rugs. The purple gives the space a very modern and glamourous look without overdoing the Chinese thing. This would be a great idea for those of us who might not be ready for a whole purple room-maybe one great chair or vase or lamp in purple.





5 comments:

  1. Love this place, Beth! So very chic and cozy at the same time. P.S. thanks for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne-I love beautiful bars. I will be featuring others in upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost painfully beautifully! David Collins is an interior design mastermind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing an upcoming post on his Blue Bar at the Berkeley which was the most beautiful bar I had ever seen until he did the Artesian. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely my pleasure! I can't wait to read your upcoming post!

    ReplyDelete