- This gorgeous paper, Zebrine, by the legendary Rose Cumming, was designed in the 1930s, yet looks so modern and fresh today. The first photo from Domino Magazine shows an unexpected use in a dramatic hallway in decorator Ashley Whittaker's apartment.
2. This lovely House Beautiful apartment of Robin Bell wallpapered in the black and white version, demonstrates how to really make this work-keep the other furnishings understated and elegant.
3. Zebrine also comes in a beautiful red.
4. If you are bold, this wallpaper is incredible. It was designed by Scalamandre in the 1940s for Gino's restaurant in Manhattan where it still hangs today. It was also used in the iconic movie The Royal Tenebaums. It has been reissued by Scalamandre in its Cabinet de Curiosites Collection and comes in three colors-Masai Red, Zanzibar Gold, and Serengeti Green.
5. The original version in Gino's restaurant.
6. The Royal Tenenbaums.
7. Kate Spade's bathroom.