Monday, March 23, 2009

Life is Too Short To Be Dull

Does the idea of a Louis XVI bespoke chair with gold leaf and graffiti or a hand painted barbed wire bed appeal to your aesthetic? Joy and Janet at the mogg blogg reminded me about the London furniture line Jimmie Martin. Created by the design duo of Jimmie Karlsson and Martin Nihlmar, I find their work incredible. It is sexy, decadent, edgy, fun, perverse, punk, urban, and hip. They now have two showrooms in the U.S. Although priced in the thousands, each piece makes such a statement. Any one of these would totally define a room. I love the mix of traditional and modern. You must visit the website, if only for inspiration. Think what you could do with that inherited furniture or garage sale find that just doesn't fit your style.

























12 comments:

  1. I don't think that I'm able to describe to you how insanely in love I am with every single piece of fantastically animated furniture that I just laid my eyes upon!@%*!!! THANK YOU! I feel overwhelmingly inspired! I may not be able to afford this brilliant work but as God as my witness I am going to try my hardest to emulate these creatively original designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is INSANE. So original! I need to go re-upholster my furniture now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. S.F. & S.F.-Make sure to visit their web site. You both hit is exactly right-their creativity is almost overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth,

    We are *totally* doing an 'Oh No you Didn't' on that zebra chair wit the tail!
    ;)
    J&J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore all of this-I love drama-if I see one more beige, greige, gray, or white room I will gag myself. :) I think every proper chair needs a tail anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the dachshund chairs and sofa! Actually, the barbed wire bed is pretty sweet, too.

    Gotta say though, the zebra chair w/ the tail kind of creeps me out. I'd be afraid to sit on it!

    But I echo your sentiments on greige, etc. Why is everyone so afraid of color or of making a statement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Beth! I love how different these are and I was especially wowed by the fuschia high-gloss interior of the one cabinet - what a great surprise when you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! And flamingos and dachshunds and zebras! I had seen some of Jimmie Martin's work before, but quite a few of these pieces were new to me. That tail on the first chair is killing me. Love it--and what a great title for your post.

    (Glad you could join my blog party today!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Averill-It is all so fun and unique. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne-I too love the idea of a black cabinet with the surprise of a fuschia interior. It would be gorgeous for a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia-Thanks for stopping by. The Friday blog party is wonderful. I will be a regular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with all of you about color - everything these days in France is gray, white, and washed out dusty rose - very, very sad. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete