Monday, September 14, 2009

Tulle


Tulle was all over the runways for this fall and it is a look I adore. But this approach is my absolute favorite-pairing a black tulle skirt with a dressy but covered up top that would be stunning from fall all the way through the holidays. I love this idea for this fall for fancy dinners out and dinner parties, but it is also ideal for holiday entertaining and parties. J.Crew is a great source for cashmere sweaters in an array of colors and dressy embellished tops. Betsey Johnson is an excellent source for her wonderful petticoats that can be worn as skirts. This an elegant and sophisticated look perfect for so many occasions. The Balmain outfit above and the Limi Feu below are wonderful examples.


(Photos courtesy of style.com)

10 comments:

  1. These skirts are gorgeous!!
    Love Tulle ~~ it's so feminine ~~

    xo Laura
    www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mad about tulle! I wonder how a little tulle could be incorporated into mens fashion.... maybe a few tiny layers under a jacket... a few tucked away in a pant leg.. You've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love tulle on bodies. When I see it festooning arches, pews and chairbacks at a wedding, I want to snatch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an interesting way to wear tulle. I love the look of it, but it's so often presented too short,and can look childish. To the contrary wearing it longer and black is very grown up and very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott-Check out Robert Geller's spring 2010 collection with tattered tulle neckwear-fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn-Exactly-much more adult and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete