Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Trend: Lady in Red


Red absolutely stole the spotlight on many of the runway shows from Christian Dior to Alexander McQueen. Bright rich tones are a big trend for fall. Red is by far one of the most important colors to be incorporating into your wardrobe. I like the combination of red and black as shown as Giambattista Valli; there's a modern and sexy elegance. I've always thought of red as a glamorous choice for night, but now love the idea of wearing plenty of it for day too. Don't be surprised if men approach you even more since they're known to gravitate towards women in this saucy color. Red is not only popular in clothing, but in accessories too. Shoes (particularly patent) and bags (Valentino, Prada) are making a fiery statement. Even red lips are a woman's best accessory these days. What's fabulous about red is that its varying shades look beautiful on almost every skin tone. Though red has never been a staple color in my closet, after seeing how vibrant it appears on the runways, I'm convinced it's fabulous. Every woman should at the very least have a Chanel red lipstick in their makeup bag. It's an instant pick me up and an inexpensive way to feel desirous. Now check out the runway shots where red can be anything from romantic and soft to modern and fierce. 

Christian Dior


Giambattista Valli 




Alexander McQueen




Prada




Louis Vuitton



photos courtesy of style.com

18 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... now where would I wear these?

    Gorgeous... Love the coats!
    Have a lovely weekend ~~

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scarlet selections, darling!

    Love the crazy bird/houndstooth at McQueen!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- the coats are truly divine. thanks, you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC- That McQueen collection is wild. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the Prada selections. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's times like this that I wish that I were a woman and obscenely rich.... I would wear Alexander McQueen every damn day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing I love more than a red skirt suit -- and that Dior one is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Consummate Hostess- I love how the Prada is casual yet so chic. You have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Style Redux 2- I like how subdued yet rich the red is at LV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scott- My gay boyfriend says the exact same thing. Women's fashion is downright sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Averill- And it's available at Neiman's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sent my heart a racing. I'm a huge Prada fan & am lusting for the red suit. I'm a sucker for a scarlet statement. Great, great choices. Hope your weekend has been grand thus far?!

    : ) deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red is my all time favorite color and I'm thrilled to see it making a splash on the runway, though seriously hoping the shoulder pads don't make a come back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the Dior red is my favorite! in about a month or so i break out my red suede Louboutin heels...can't wait!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb- I too wish to own that Prada suit. It makes a great statement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Antiques Diva- Haha, shoulder pads are definitely making a comeback this season. Not quite sure how I feel about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Frou Frou- Can't go wrong with Red Loubs. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete