Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gloves Take Center Stage


I have always loved collecting and wearing gloves all year long, not for warmth, but for style. A beautiful pair of gloves is a very elegant, Mad Men, Audrey Hepburn vintage look that elevates any outfit. The British company Glovedup set out to change fashion history by putting gloves back onto the agenda. Featured in Vogue, Glamour, Harpers Bazaar, and commissioned by fashionistas, designers, stylists, and rock divas, these are gloves that take center stage. Click here to check out these gorgeous gloves. A pair of these contemporary fingerless beauties would add incredible drama and glamor to your wardrobe. I especially like the puff sleeve gloves called the Estelle Blanche in Classic which are the black or white and the Shiny that look like black patent.












16 comments:

  1. I'm nuts for gloves, too. Have a stack in all lengths and fabrics. Must check out this site. Thanks!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darling I have those Estelle Blanche puff-sleeve gloves and they are spectacular!

    Lovely post!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine-So glad to find another glove fan. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mysophobes of the world unite! i wish gloves would come back with a vengence. it would save me time purelling my hands and worrying about flu shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloves do make a statement with any outfit! Glamorous ~~

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura-One of the reasons I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab, but I'd never be able to rock the fingerless ones without hearing my grandmother's voice chastising me for impracticality. However, long leather gloves are absolutely one of my winter staples. Elbow-length gloves paired with a 3/4 sleeve coat is the epitome of late November chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn-These gloves are definitely for glamor, not warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice inspiration...

    But I am really and truly inspired by your dressing room! OMG I wish I had a room for me just like that :)

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloves were ALL over paris -all of the most chic women (well, and some old ladies!) were all wearing them - some of the more interesting gloves were gold lame (gold seemed to be EVERYWHERE) and a lot of them went 1/2 way up to the elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stefan-Welcome back! I have been hunting for long gold gloves for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lanvin!! Do they have that here in the states? I met picasso's one daughter while shopping there with heather. I nearly bought myself a goldleafed suede belt (but realized dc was way too conservative for such a fabulous thing).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stefan-Of course, I adore Lanvin. The belt sounds fabulous-too bad!

    ReplyDelete