Thursday, September 10, 2009

I've Struck Gold



From Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief, to Chanel's Fall 2009 Runway, gold is a timeless look. A fabulous way to update your fall wardrobe is by adding a great gold accessory. Not just jewelry, but gold gloves, shoes, boots, or tights are an elegant, modern, and unexpected touch that will jazz up any outfit. Look at these runway pictures and see how outfits of black, white, red, brown, or gray all gain with a little Midas touch. I already have a beautiful pair of gold Calvin Klein stilettos, but I'm on the lookout for a great pair of over the elbow gold gloves and a pair of gold tights. eBay has vintage gold lame gloves that might be fun. I am told that chic Parisiennes are all sporting long gold lame gloves this season.

















(Runway photos courtesy of style.com)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, does it seem like there is a huge Russian inspiration in some of these headdresses or is it just me?

    I always love what you find!

    xx,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post, darling!
    I really love that Chanel collection, especially the muffs!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam-Yes-the Chanel collection is Moscow to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC-I love muffs. I have two gorgeous ones I love to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lovely! I'm a huge fan of muffs, too :)

    Look 04 and 05 from the bottom are my very favorites -- the gold boots are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah-Oh great about the muffs. I have my mother's black fox that is lovely and a huge vintage mink muff in the shape of a bow that is wonderful. I love all the gold boots-instant glamor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gold! It's so much more flattering on my pale skin than silver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Averill-Gold is flattering on most complexions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great fun blog.. just found you ... by the way I am a designer for skins for your iPhone.. not the ones you featured but mine are very girl...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane-Thanks for stopping by. I'll check yours out.

    ReplyDelete