Monday, September 21, 2009

Peacock


Since seeing Sarah Jessica Parker in this gorgeous Alexander McQueen peacock lace dress in Vogue June 2008, I have wanted a wonderful peacock piece for my wardrobe. (And not some tacky embellished t-shirt or polyester dress) These below certainly fit the bill. Peacock is also all over in home decor. For a great post by my blogger friend Averill of Odi et Amo on peacock for your home, click here.


Alexander McQueen


Cynthia Steffe



Giambattista Valli







(Photos courtesy of Vogue and style.com)

6 comments:

  1. STUNNING choices. I loved that dress on SJP, but these color options are marvelous. I have a peacock skirt I wear at holiday parties every year - but in light of this inspiration I may need to get it out earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm loving all things peacock -- and that Alexander McQueen dress is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are to die for. I despise how some designers stick a peacock print on a cheap t-shirt and call it a day, this really captures the luxury of peacock.

    P.S. It was so good to see you Friday. We'll have to meet up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn-I love the real peacock feathers especially. Great seeing you-hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete