Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Charming Tights



I have always been a huge fan of tights. My collection continues to grow every year, everything from leopard print to fuschia fishnets. I like to dress up my legs. I own black opaque tights like every other girl, but there's something fun and girly about slipping on a unique pair. You can still be very fashionable with fierce tights. This year designers show us that jewels can look good on our legs too. Miu Miu, Zac Posen, and Doo.Ri have designed the most beautiful embellished tights. Who knew you could look like royalty with the right pair of hose? The bad news is these tights will cost you a pretty penny. I found this fabulous tutorial on how to create your very own bedazzled tights. I'm very tempted to try this DIY project on a day off. I also love the many other seductive options shown on the runways: fishnet, leopard, and lace are all favorites of mine. 

Miu Miu


Zac Posen




Doo.Ri


Anna Sui 


Betsey Johnson



Jean Paul Gaultier






runway photos courtesy of style.com and elle.com 

14 comments:

  1. Great minds, darling!
    I just did a tights post today too!
    Love all your runway selections :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 2 tone Chanel are still in my top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no end to what you can do with stockings and tights. I would probably get one leg hooked onto the other and fall on my face with those charm tights. Or hooked onto someone else! So pretty though.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a fan of fishnets paired with more straight-laced business attire, but some of these lace options would be great fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved every single pair. Putting them on the list. they just scream, "Fall!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Thousand Clapping Hands- Uh oh. You bring up a valid point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Averill- lace tights are a great alternative, they look good with a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitty- Thanks. I'm so glad September's finally here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First 2 = absolutely beautiful. I'm 100% down with making your own - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sanity Fair- I'm very excited about setting aside time to make my own tights soon.

    ReplyDelete