Thursday, April 30, 2009

Modern Chinoiserie

The response to my post yesterday on the gala by Mary McDonald and Nathan Turner "Chinoiserie au Jardin" makes it clear how taken people are with modern Chinoiserie. I love Chinoiserie from classic to contemporary, but the more modern take of course goes so well with a more modern place. I really like Thomas Paul and could kick myself that I did not get one of his Geisha pillows that are no longer available. The Geisha pillow is pictured below in this lovely bedroom from House Beautiful and in its pink and chocolate versions. But never fear, his Chinoiserie edition in corn, black, and moss is lovely and would work in so many homes. They are a nice large 22" square in 100% linen and quite fabulous.






8 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved these, Beth. Thomas Paul's designs always appeal to me...I want to do some Chinoiserie silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-I was thinking that exact thought last night about you doing Chinoiserie silhouettes-in the same vein as the banners on my "Chinoiserie au Jardin" post and the Thomas Paul pillow-a geisha with a parasol would be amazing. I will be your first customer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, that's a wonderful idea! Please do! I would love to see that.
    I hadn't come across these pillows before - especially like the yellow and white version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SF-I like the yellow and white as well. I hope Anne does some-I'm sure they would be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these pillows. So fresh and modern - yet- still uber classic.

    You always have the best finds!

    xx,

    Sam @PrettyLovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam-A perfect description of these-fresh and modern, but classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out Ebay...you can usually find just about any Thomas Paul pillow for sale there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Averill-I have been checking eBay, and they have tons of Thomas Paul, but I haven't found this one yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete