Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Mini Boater

Marc Jacobs' mini boaters in his spring 2009 collection are so chic-part Mary Poppins, part Isabella Blow, part Alice in Wonderland. Below you will see how to get this great look, from the original down to $1. Have fun!

Marc Jacobs spring 2009 collection










The original Marc Jacobs boater hat by the famous milliner Stephen Jones at eLuxury for $375 in black


and in red


Pixie Market's fabulous and very affordable version handmade in London for $48 in black




Mini straw doll hats at Michaels for under $1. Decorate with gross-grain ribbon in solids or stripes. I just bought a bunch and am experimenting. I'll post some finished versions! I am also looking for vintage versions on eBay.


1 comment:

  1. very cute -it reminds me of eliza doolittle though in 'my fair lady'!

    ReplyDelete