Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Audrey Hepburn's Lace Mask

Since yesterday's post on "How to Steal a Million," I can't stop thinking about Audrey Hepburn's wonderful mask. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a black lace mask appropriate for dinner or a party! After scouring the web, everything is designed for sleeping (yes, I know, that's a different Audrey Hepburn movie), Mardi Gras, or sex play. Why don't people dress like this-how fun would it be? I finally found this lovely version online from a London boutique. Yes, Brits are into their dress-up far more than we are. It is made with black Valery lace and pink silk ties from Kuati. Anyone game?



8 comments:

  1. while not the same, it's close enough and really charming! Would be great for halloween. We don't have fancy dress parties here, too bad -they always look like such fun! I think americans take themselves too seriously to do that unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan-It would be wonderful for New Year's Eve too. I think in one of my previous lives I must have been British! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stefan! This is a very close find, Beth. Leave it to you to sleuth it out! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to surf around etsy.com many sellers have lace masks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mask! Is it your creation or available for purchase anywhere? Thanks and happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How divine this is! Feminine and so sexy!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. How divine! Feminine and sexy!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete