Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What Were They Thinking? Fringe



I couldn't not post about these fringe thigh high stockings. I thought it would be fun as well as necessary to take on the role of fashion police and blog about fashion no-no's. These stockings are without question the ideal candidate for a first post in a series I'm calling "What Were They Thinking?" Fringe can be a great detail when it comes to rock n' roll chic, but this is a prime example of why fringe is not on everyone's list of fashion do's. Fringe can easily look tacky. I sat and pondered if there was just one way these could be styled to create a rad outfit, but predictably came up with nil. The icing on the cake is the $88 price tag! 

12 comments:

Style Redux 2 said...

Two thoughts if you wore these-either you are in the cast of "Cats" or children would want to take a pony ride on you.

Scott Fazzini said...

Why didn't you tell me BEFORE I wore them out this weekend?! Did I have to find out this way that you didn't think that they were fashionable.... hee hee

g. said...

Ummmmm.....no.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Hmmm....don't think they were thinking. Funny to show us though!

Averill said...

Ugh. The color is so off, too. It looks like she attached a horse's mane to her legs.

Style Redux 2 said...

Averill-This is my daughter's post. She is a fashion stylist with Cusp/Neiman Marcus. You have to go back and read my comment on this post-great minds think alike. LOL

Style Redux said...

Scott- Haha. They're something else, huh?

Style Redux said...

g.- my thoughts exactly!

Style Redux said...

A Gift Wrapped Life- You're right. They most definitely were not.

Style Redux said...

Averill- Yep, a horse's mane sounds about right!

Sanity Fair said...

ewww. Why doesn't this work? Because hair and legs don't go together, that's why.

Style Redux said...

Sanity Fair- LOL. You're so right.