Friday, February 20, 2009

The Royal Tenenbaums Revisited

The Home section of The Washington Post ran a story yesterday about readers' favorite film interiors in honor of Sunday's Academy Awards. I submitted photos from The Royal Tenenbaums (2001). I loved the pink walls, the taxidermy, the art by Elliott Puckette and Hugo Guinness, and the wonderful eccentricity of it all. Well, they obviously thought it was a bad joke because needless to say my suggestion did not appear. If you are taken by the quirkiness of taxidermy, but not, Heaven forbid, the real thing, I have found two great new pieces from the wonderful online and catalog store Wisteria. The Butcher Shop Bull $229 and Curly Horn Ram's Head $189 are reproductions of European antiques. Both are heavy resin castings. I think either would be stunning and dramatic in an entryway, over a mantel, or in a kitchen.


The Royal Tenenbaums


Domino 


Domino

Domino



Wisteria


Wisteria


(photos courtesy of dominomag.com and wisteria.com)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's plainly obvious that you have style in spades, and the W.P. has an inability to recognize that! The Royal Tennenbaums set is AMAZING! My opinion my be biased because I'm a bit of a geek about all aspects of that film, but needless to say the exterior and interior shots of that home are exquisite! I've posted about that home before, and about how the home, and the family, remind me of the Glass family from J.D. Salinger.

    If I owned the Post I would have allowed your entry, AND I would have put it on the front page! Take that, W.P.! : )

    ReplyDelete