Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Mummy Chair

I am really drawn to this incredibly unique piece called the Mummy Chair. Designed by Peter Traag in 2005, it is manufactured by Edra in Italy and retails for about $1300. It has a bent beechwood frame wrapped in about 60 yards of stretchy polyester ribbon. I think this could be a very interesting do-it-yourself project, perhaps recycling an old chair. I have found a $40 chair pictured below from Ikea that might work. I'll post the results if I ever get brave enough to tackle this.












Ikea













3 comments:

  1. Beth, what a great idea! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-I think the chair is great fun-I have a thing for interesting chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few different colours of the Mummy chair currently at the Chaplins showroom, Hatch End, HA5 4JS

    or visit

    http://www.chaplins.co.uk/store/modern-furniture-blog/archives/1199.html

    for more information

    ReplyDelete