Monday, December 7, 2009

My Dream Car

When I was growing up in Lake Forest, Illinois, despite the proximity to Detroit, American cars were considered declasse. Our town was filled with exotic foreign cars. One of my favorites was the stunning Citroen Maserati, a Citroen with a Maserati engine. It was also made in a shorter convertible racing version. With its Art Deco yet futuristic design, aircraft grade aluminum, and stainless steel bright work, it was truly a thing of beauty. It was only manufacture from 1970 to 1975. As I continue my search for a new car that actually excites me, I am reminded of these cars of yesteryear with such style and elegance.







10 comments:

  1. Wonderful post!:-))) Although I am very uneducated when it comes to the cars, I admire those who understands everything about cars. I know I very old fashioned, my husband tells me that driving me around is almost like driving Ms. Daisy.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suh-weet! There are tons of Citroens in Brazil, but none as sleek as that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya-Well, one hardly needs a car in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison-It's a shame they are no longer imported to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of a Citroen! But here in TX it's all about the Ford or Chevy truck (or Lexus SUV if you're a soccer mom).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, I WANT the car in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren-The interior is just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete