Friday, October 16, 2009

A Bit of Ballet



I love statement necklaces. One of my own favorites is this Battement Necklace I bought earlier this year from Anthropologie. It's a great way to add an ultra-feminine look to any outfit, and marries my love of the ballet and pink. Although it is no longer available, here are two other great similar looks to jazz up your fall/winter wardrobe, both very well priced. At Etsy, add this white Elizabethan ruff to black or gray for a knockout look. At Anthropologie, this pale beige tulle collar would be stunningly ephemeral against navy, black, or chocolate brown. Or do as Diana Vreeland suggested, and tie tulle around your wrists! I plan to wear my tulle necklace tonight with this navy blue wool dress trimmed in silk organza by Phillip Lim.

Etsy

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a 'frilly' girl but this I think I would feel comfortable pulling off. Your P. Lim dress + tulle necklace = stunning. You will look simply smashing!

    Fabulous weekend to you ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, Beth. What shoes/bag will you be pairing with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these options - although the last one is so ephemeral. Doesn't it look like blown dandelion puffs? So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb-Wouldn't one of these work with your black leather? LOL Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Averill-A dusty mauve Miu Miu bag and black Chanel stilettos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sanity Fair-I think Anthropologie has great jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look, Beth! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne-Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think tomorrow I will go shopping for some statement necklaces! You've really won me over to them; usually I just wear my usual plain diamond jewelry, but I'm getting into this look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty-I definitely like dramatic jewelry.

    ReplyDelete