Monday, October 19, 2009

J.Crew Flower Pins

You fellow lovers of J.Crew may recall that last October 2008, J.Crew styled their catalog with the most incredible flower pins. I have been a fan of flower pins since Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City made them famous. Well, the J.Crew ones sold out in about 5 seconds and there all sorts of urban legends about how many were available and the full story. Imagine my delight when I received an email this weekend from Michele Syre, owner of Blue Onion Marketplace, that she is selling the Dulken & Derrick handmade flower pins as seen on J.Crew and Sex and the City. Click here to view the entire collection. Wear one on your coat, belt, dress, suit, scarf, purse, t-shirt, or wedding dress. (And free shipping through October with code WELCOME) I can't wait to order one of these to add to my collection.








16 comments:

  1. How exciting! Thanks for the tip, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh! Thank you Beth! I loved these. I actually wore flower pins a lot in the late nineties but fell out of practice. They were really hard to find, and I ended up making some of my own, which turned out surprisingly well, considering my crafting abilities. But these are even prettier.

    Never heard of Blue Onion before, but they have some really great stuff. My favs are the huge flowers on the shoulder (not unlike a current J. Crew wedding dress).

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally hot! i got a marvelous fabric flower pin in portland a few years ago, bedecked with an antique brooch and a couple of delicate feathers. it's such a statement that i only break it out about once a year, but i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Averill-I'm excited-I wanted one so badly from J.Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura-I love how versatile they are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sanity Fair-I was glad to learn about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, SO gorgeous and timeless. Want. Also love that first picture...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful post*°*°*°

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like outfits that Emma from Glee would wear!

    www.glammed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete