Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Style Redux II


I will be going to two Halloween parties this year. On Thursday, my daughter and co-blogger Kate, my Tibetan Spaniel Isabella "Izzy" and I will be going to the swank Dog Halloween Costume Party at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria, Virginia. Alexandria is a very dog friendly city, with most businesses open to dogs with fresh water and treats. All three luxury hotels in Alexandria are dog friendly. Last year there was a huge turnout at the Hotel Monaco with press and celebrity judges and dozens of dogs competing. Here is Izzy last year when she won Most Glamorous Dog-please note the Chanel coat, Chanel flower pin, and Louis Vuitton handbag. This year, Kate, Izzy, and I are all going as Coco Chanel in black and white Chanel inspired outfits. Photos to come of course. Saturday I will be attending a private party. I always like wearing a beautiful black dress and long gloves with a great hat or headband. Here are four great ideas from my collection. A wonderful vintage clock hat-I can go as "Time" or a "Clock." My new Louis Vuitton bunny ears to be a very stylish "Bunny." Two spider hats for a very glamorous "Spider." Click on the photo to enlarge. Which do you like? Any Halloween parties on the horizon for you and what will you wear?

14 comments:

  1. Love dressing up for Halloween parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love your clock hat! had no idea tibetan spaniels were so little! i hope izzy wins again; she is adorable! best, kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how cute Izzie looks! I'm sure the three of you as Coco will sweep the awards for sure.

    As for your second party, love the clock hat....though it's hard to turn down any excuse to wear your fabulous bunny ears.

    We'll be in Miami for Halloween visiting Dave's brother and his family. I'm torn between reprising my role as Cruella deVile (but will it be too hot for my mother's white fox coat?) or going as a Twilight fan (ironically...hate the books).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-I love playing dress up all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitty-I love the clock hat too. i will post pictures of Izzy-this year's outfit is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Averill-The clock hat it is. I'm the same with Twilight. For me, it's all the visuals-the books are too dumb. I will post pictures of the three of us-I'm so glad Kate can come this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, has all my favourite things: dogs, fashion and dressing up for a party ;D sadly no one has invited me this year for a halloween but I´m still going to wear a Hermione costume for school jaja. Can´t wait for your chanel pics
    besos from Mexico
    Eleine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eleine-Have fun-do you mean the Harry Potter Hermione? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only your dog could look this stylish, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! i meant Hermione Granger, it will be my 6th year dressing like her ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that answers my question in the post above. How fab is Izzy? That is by far the cutest doggie costume I've ever seen. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn-Wait until you see this year's outfit!

    ReplyDelete