Friday, October 9, 2009

Betsey, Kate, and Me


Kate and I had a great time last night meeting Betsey Johnson at the Georgetown store in D.C. We had a chance to talk to her about Style Redux and she was so impressed that Kate was wearing a Betsey Johnson leopard coat and I was wearing a Betsey Johnson pearl necklace. She told Kate that coat was one of her favorite pieces and collections ever. She is so adorable and fun in person, and is such an inspiration that one can be so full of life, fun, and fashion at any age-she is 67! Kate and I have always been fans of her feminine and whimsical styles, very influenced by her love of dance. I am a complete sucker for black, pink, tulle, and petticoats, having danced ballet for many years. Here are some great photos of the evening-even the footwear was noteworthy.








18 comments:

  1. Beth Connolly I am jealous beyond belief, and so will be my daughter Emily. A huge fan & even did a post about her previous birthday. She is truly one amazing woman. Just to be in her presence let alone have her arm around me would of sent me into an asthma attack & I don't have asthma!! Was in her store here in Houston last week. Great post my dear~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb-Betsey would love you my friend. You definitely know how to live large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Kate walking to the party in that FABULOUS coat with a very cute boy on my walk home from work -a boyfriend perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefan-Everyone was commenting on her coat. That is her very cute friend and co-worker in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all look fantastic, Beth! Very glam and stylish. Thanks for sharing these photos....love the "Betsey PINK" in her store, too. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne-Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Kate looked smashing! Great red lips, Beth! What a totally fab way to spend the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitty-Thanks so much. We had a great time. I wear red lipstick gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth I am totally jealous right now! Betsy seems like one of a handful of designers that I'd actually want to hang out with. Gotta love a woman who can cartwheel down the runway, right?!

    Btw, you and Kate looked lovely (and so much alike!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Averill-Thanks so much. She is amazing-so full of energy and she looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO jealous. 1. That you're in D.C. I miss it so and 2. that you met my Bestey. My most coveted piece is a tulle confection of a frock circa 2004. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fantastic, darling! You all look amazing! What fun :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    P.S. Not sure where to buy Chinese Vogue... maybe Barnes & Noble? I found that image on nymag.com/fashion in the models section...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristin-You'll have to come visit! Nobody does tulle better than Betsey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CC-Thanks so much-I thought I might get some ideas from it for Chinoiserie Chic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! Looks like a wonderful time, Beth! You look great, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete