Friday, June 12, 2009

Bar Carts


I love to walk in to someone's home and see a lovely bar all set up. Something about it seems very welcoming and gracious. Choices for how you set it up abound. A beautiful lacquer or silver tray sitting on your kitchen counter is an easy and economical choice. An antique table or cabinet is a wonderful choice of course. What about taking an armoire or cabinet and painting the inside a glossy red or coral pink? My favorite of all is a beautiful bar cart, which is what I have. There is something so Hollywood glam about it. I once read an interior designer say they didn't care for the bar cart, because they were always afraid the host would roll it away! The last photo is a stunning bar cart on sale at a fabulous price at Restoration Hardware. Also check out this previous post of mine on two other gorgeous bar carts. In case you are curious, the bar above is in the home of Miles Redd.











6 comments:

  1. I knew that was Miles Redd's photo at the top - I know you are a big fan, Beth. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-Did you see the new House Beautiful with the apartment by Miles Redd? Gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely, but I particularly love the last bar cart from RH. I think it'd be PERFECT in my new dining room, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Averill-If I didn't have one, I would order it immediately. I think it would be stunning in your dining room-just the look you are doing-very Hollywood glam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spy a garden stool next that first (stunning) bar table! See..endless versatility.

    I don't know if I agree with said designer about not liking a bar on wheels for fear it would run away. My life motto is: Nothing's better than a bar you can take with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby-The designer probably didn't like the idea of running after it! ;)

    ReplyDelete