Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Must Tell You






I was extremely impressed and pleased by Michelle Obama's choice of up and coming designers like Isabel Toledo and Jason Wu for her Inaugural attire. Isabel Toledo is a Cuban born American fashion designer based in New York. Jason Wu, only 26, was born in Taiwan and is now based in New York. These were choices wrought with symbolism, for the President is the son of an African immigrant.

 I think I have found another fresh face whose designs would look great on our elegant First Lady. Frank Tell, a young designer who now lives in New York by way of Spain has never taken a design class, but his talent is apparent. I think his high-necked, classic, and elegant silhouettes are very Jackie O with a timeless throwback quality. By lengthening the hemlines, these would be great on Michelle. I think this brilliant young designer could join the ranks of his countrymen Balenciaga and Manolo Blahnik.











































(photos courtesy of frank-tell.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment